Northeast Texas Community College has always been about creating exciting and innovative educational opportunities for our students, and that is especially true for those who have not yet graduated high school. NTCC works diligently with our local high schools and homeschools to ensure that every student has the opportunity to get the head start in college they want before they even earn their high school diploma.
Whether it be earning a few credits to get a head start on university life, a workforce credential to get a job right out of high school, or even a full Associate’s degree, NTCC offers dual credit courses and programs to meet any need. We strongly encourage you to look through the information on these pages and reach out to us with any question you may have. We can’t wait to welcome you to the Eagle family!
What is dual credit?
Courses offered for dual credit stem from agreements between area high schools and Northeast whereby a high school student enrolls in a college course and simultaneously earns college credit and high school credit for the course.
To be eligible for dual credit classes at Northeast you must meet Northeast's prerequisite requirements for enrollment.
- Talk to the high school counselor about your interest and eligibility, and receive permission to enroll in college classes.
- Complete the Application for Admission online
- Submit a copy of eligible TSI scores to NTCC showing that you are eligible to take college courses.
- Complete the choice sheet and permission form with required signatures.
- Register for classes at your high school or NTCC with the Director of Dual Credit.
- Pay your tuition and course material fees.