Students must be a high school student at a participating high school, private, charter or home school. Home schooled students must submit a notarized copy of their transcript.
Have approval from a high school counselor or principal with a signed dual credit permission form. The parents of home schooled students can sign the permission form.
Fulfill appropriate admissions criteria for the college.
Meet minimum test scores (see below).
Test Score Requirements for Academic Courses (TSIA2)
TSIA2 refers to the Texas law (Texas Success Initiative) that requires all students attending a Texas public college or university to be assessed in reading, writing, and math before attending college credit classes, unless student demonstrates an assessment-exempt or assessment-waived status.
- · SAT – 1070 combined, with 500 or higher on math and/or verbal, OR
- · ACT – 23 composite, with 19 or higher on math and/or English, OR
- TSIA2 -
- Mathematics: A College Readiness Classification (CRC) score of at least 950; or a CRC score below 950 and a Diagnostic level of 6.
- English Language Arts Reading: An essay score of at least 5; College Readiness Classification (CRC) score of at least 945 and an essay score of at least 4; or a CRC score below 945 and a Diagnostic level of 5 or 6 and an essay score of at least 4.
- PSAT – 460 Evidence Based Reading & Writing (EBRW) and/or 510 in math.
- EOC - at least a score of 4,000 on the English II and/or Algebra I exams.