When Do I Take The Pre-Assessment Activity?
Before you take the TSIA2 Assessment, you must participate in a Pre-Assessment Activity. Northeast Texas Community College is required by state law to provide the Pre-Assessment Activity as well as document your participation, so it is very important that you complete this activity before you take the test. Also, you will not be allowed to take the TSIA2 Assessment until you have completed this activity.
The Pre-Assessment Activity includes the following:
- Learn what's on the TSIA2 Assessment and why doing well matters.
- Find out if you are exempt from taking the TSIA2 Assessment.
- Try your hand (and brain!) on some sample items.
- Get the details about testing and support for your target college.
- Receive your certificate for completing this mandatory activity.
- Finish in 30 minutes or less!
Be sure to print out your PAA certificate and bring it with you on the day you take the TSIA2 Assessment.
How Do I Complete the TSIA2 Pre-Assessment Activity?
Please follow the steps below to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity:
- Type tsia2.accuplacer.org into a web browser
- Click on the information for Students (lower right corner)
- Click on Texas Resources
- Click on the Big Blue Box
- Setup an account
- Log in with your credentials
- Click on Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment (TSIA2-PAA)
- Click on Begin Pre-Assessment Activity
- Select Northeast Texas Community College in the drop-down menu
- Click the I agree box
- Select and complete the TSIA2 ELAR and the TSIA2 Mathematics sample tests