Patient Care Technology Program Mission
The NTCC Patient Care Technology program is dedicated to educating and training entry nursing care professionals through the delivery of superior instruction, training, and services as supported by our program core values of professionalism, patient care, health promotion, and disease prevention. NTCC core values support the patient care technology program mission by promoting excellence in all things, students as our priority, critical thinking, and integrity by example. Our patient care technology graduates are educated to accept their patient care roles as responsible, ethical, and high performing professionals with experience in treating clients among culturally diverse patient populations.
Increasing student opportunities for access to health care programs such as patient care technology is not only the desire of our NTCC community, but also the desire of program applicants and prospective employers. Applicants are encouraged to examine our Patient Care Technology program web pages for further information relative to program entry.
In order to prepare patient care technology students for certification and to meet their job requirements in the delivery of basic nursing health care to the public, our program has developed exceptional learning opportunities. The NTCC Patient Care Technology program provides students with the following opportunities:
- A state-of-the-art simulation lab and program; facility design is consistent with the mission of the college for building in a sustainable manner.
- The NTCC campus is a fully accredited campus with the SACSCOC (see Accreditation web page for further information).
- Learning through the use of current education methodologies embedded in program curriculum designed for student evolution into professional, competent, entry-level nursing professionals.
- An environment that fosters respect for the PCT Professional Code of Ethics and Conduct; early professional experiences assure students of their future ability to recognize and accept their nursing profession responsibilities.
- Preparation for graduation from a level 1 certificate in Patient Care Technology promoting
- Successful Completion of the Nurse Aide Written and Skills Examination
- Successful Completion of the NHA PCT Examination
- Successful Completion of the NHA EKG Examination