Welcome to Northeast Personal Training Online!
I am here to answer any content or technical questions so that you may successfully complete the Northeast Personal Training course at your own pace.
- Enroll in the program by contacting Continuing Education at 903-434-8134 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read the study guide, "PT Study Guide Northeast".
- View the notes and listen to the lectures posted on our “Lectures” page.
- Click on the "Videos" link to watch all of the videos.
- Click on "Dr. Tom's Blogs" and click on any topics that were not clear to you after reading the Study Guide and watching the videos.
- Click on "Exercises" link. Point and click on a body part of the anatomical drawing to read about cuing for different exercises.
When you have studied all of the materials, please contact me and I will arrange for your 220 question online written multiple choice, true-false test and your practical exam.
Your practical exam will consist of emailing me a video of yourself completing two different exercises. The evaluators of the practical exam will be looking for proper form and verbal cuing of the different exercise techniques.
You must receive at least 85% on both exams to pass the course. If you do not pass the course and wish to take either one or both of the test(s) again you may do so free of charge.
Candidates may retest the written and/or practical examination for the Northeast PT Certification program as many times as they wish until they pass with a score of at least 85 percent. You may also attend the face-to-face NORTHEAST PERSONAL TRAINING classes free of charge if it is convenient. Our primary goal is that certification candidates are successful in this learning program. Therefore, it is our sincere desire to make this testing process successful for everyone.
I am here to support you before, during, and after your certification experience.
Tom Seabourne, Ph.D.
Professor of Exercise Science