Two-Minute Message from Honors Director, Dr. Andrew P. Yox
Besides having dynamic classes with award-winning professors and students of like-mind and motivation, honors students at NTCC have several advantages:
- Negligible education costs with merit-based scholarships (Possible savings of more than $20,000 a year for a comparable education at a top university).
- A 100 percent chance that a student's resume will be better with us than while matriculating at a state university.
- Free field trips, socials and cultural activities
- Courses that count for both honors and general education credit
- Honors designation on your transcripts and Presidential Scholars Medallion upon graduation
- At Honors Northeast, professors ask you if you will need a recommendation. We keep running tabs of your accomplishments, and try to promote your success.
- Lucrative transferability to leading universities and four-year honors programs; payment of application fees to world-class universities
- A definite edge in the workforce
- Linkage to community patrons with meals and luncheons.
- An honors office reserved for your work, conferring an ability to compare notes with other honors students, with free printing, and often, free drinks provided.
- More opportunities to publish, present work, to appear in a film, win a poetry or poster contest. (We believe that scholarship is the best route to scholarships).
- Some help with textbooks.
- Help with acquiring textbooks, laptops, and hotspots.
- A chance to gain film experience