|Status: Part Time|
|Minimum Salary: Varies|
About this position
This position is funded through the Texas Workforce Commission and overseen by the NTCC Adult Education and Literacy Department. Teachers must be able to prepare and upgrade students’ skills in the four instructional components of the GED exam: Language Arts and Reasoning, Math, Social Studies, and Science. Students 17 or older are eligible for GED preparation services. GED classes are held at various locations throughout the service delivery area of Titus, Morris, Franklin, Camp, and Wood counties and are offered through in-person, remote, and/or online self-paced formats. Teachers must obtain 15 hours of professional development annually to be eligible for rehire the following program year.
About our ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree required; teacher certification preferred.
- Complete 15 hours of professional development annually.
- Teach students in the instructional components of reading, writing, math, social studies and science needed to pass the GED exam
- Help students improve their critical-thinking, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Keep confidential and thorough record of class activities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Internet and email)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Possess initiative and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to work and communicate effectively with students of diverse ethnic, economic, and cultural background.