|Status: Full Time|
|Minimum Salary: $60,000|
Experience and other Qualifications Required:
This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, a commitment to the Dual Credit program's role within the college's overall mission, and a value for teamwork. The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing is required. The position requires anticipating problems, exercising sound judgement, and developing and applying solutions effectively. The person in this position needs a working knowledge of public school and college operations, policies, and procedures, including NTCC admissions policies, college instructional programs, Texas Education Agency, and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board requirements.
Master's degree is required. Prior teaching experience in public school and community college setting is preferred. Must have a working knowledge of computer technology and must possess the ability to collaborate with diverse individuals, groups, and organizations. Must be dependable, resourceful, and self-motivated. Ability to travel to area ISD campuses and off-campus college locations required.
Description of Job Duties:
- Visit area high schools to meet with counselors, students, and parents about the Dual Credit programs
- Coordinate the admissions and registration process of all NTCC Dual Credit students
- Serve as the primary college contact person for Dual Credit questions and issues
- Verify the accuracy of rosters and report grades with high school counselors and Dual Credit instructors
- Create Dual Credit packets and materials for distribution
- Work closely with college faulty, staff, and ISD personnel to ensure consistent and correct procedures concerning Dual Credit
- Represent Dual Credit by serving on committees and needed
- Attend Faculty meetings, commencement ceremonies, professional development and orientation activities, and other meetings
- Prepare and monitor the Dual Credit budget
This position will close for applications on October 3rd.