Medical Lab Technology
NTCC Program Snapshot
What is a Medical Laboratory Technician?
Medical laboratory technicians (MLT) are vital healthcare detectives who perform a wide variety of tests to analyze blood and other body fluids, providing information to physicans that assists in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
NTCC offers a 24-month degree program consisting of two phases (this is only an example of a possible degree plan).
- Phase I - Classroom instruction offered on the campus of NTCC.
- Phase II - Clinical training (externship) in an approved hospital or medical facility.
Graduates from the program are eligible to take the national certification examination offered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
Program statistics (cumulative results from 2012-2014):
- Certification exam pass rate for graduates of this program - 68.4%.
- Employment placement rate for graduates of this program - 86.2%
- Graduation rate (for students who started the second half of the program) â€“ 100%
Medical Laboratory Technicians Have Many Career Options
In Hospital Laboratories, Clinics, Physician's Offices, Public Health
Laboratories. Reference Laboratories, Veterinary Laboratories, Sales
and Marketing. Find more information on our Career Opportunities page.